This is Rob's design and his build thread can be viewed here. All questions should also be directed to the same forum thread. Kit is unassembled, but includes all parts required to get you going.
- The board is 2" x 2"
- Works with 3 different chips: TPIC6C595, 74HC595, and TLC5916
- There are 8 3mm LEDs, but 5mm will also fit
- 8 current limiting resistors for 595s, which can be shorted when 5916 is used
- Resistors on the header can be used to temporarily increase LED current
- LEDs have separate supply, but there's Vcc jumper
- Outputs are available on the header for use with external LEDs
- Pull-up resistors on CLR, OE, and LE (OE and LE can be grounded with jumper)
- Boards can be daisy chained
- 5916's resistor can be soldered in or on the header
- NEVER insert more than one chip. Insert only the one you want to work with.
- CLK and SIN header labels are wrong, SIN is CLK, CLK is SIN
- DO NOT use resistor shorting jumpers (SV1) with 74HC595 or TPIC6C595, use only with TLC5916 (constant current driver.)
- LEDs can be supplied with higher voltage when TPIC6C595 or TLC5916 is used, use VLED pin (J1.)
- For single supply voltage, short VLED and Vcc pins (J1.)
LED Shifter Kit
- Brand: RobG
- Product Code: DEV-MSP-RGB-LED-SHIFT-KIT
- Availability: 10